– RLA MASTIK is a premium grade, smooth, polymer modified,
flexible white cement based tile adhesive.
– RLA MASTIK is non-slump and is ideal for large format tiles.
-It is designed for bonding all types of ceramic, stone and mosaic
tiles and ideal for large format tiles, onto a variety of substrates
like concrete, render, rendered brickwork, block work, gyprock,
and fibre cement surfaces.
– It can be used Internally or externally on wall and floor surfaces.
– RLA MASTIK can be used for fixing low porosity tiles.
– RLA MASTIK can be used for fixing tiles over most waterproofing
membranes. However it is advisable to contact the manufacturer
prior to commencing.
– RLA MASTIK can be used in and around concrete swimming pools
as long as it is mixed with Uniflex Additive.
– Not suitable for some moisture sensitive stone like green marble
or some limestones.
– All preparation and tiling should be carried out in accordance with
AS3958.1 :2007 – Guide to the Installation of Tiles.
– Once the surface has been appropriately prepared In accordance
with RLA?s Instructions then apply the adhesive onto the substrate
using an appropriate notched trowel.
– For wall tiling use 6mm x 6mm square notched trowel for tiles up
to 150mm x 150mm. For tiles larger than 150mm x 150mm use a
10mm x 10mm square notched trowel.
– RLA MASTIK should be applied onto the substrate at a rate of
1 m2 a time. Application rates greater than this can result in the
adhesive skinning before the tiles are laid into it.
– Once the adhesive is applied onto the substrate ensure that it does
not skin prior to bedding the tiles into it. Once the adhesive skins
do not lay tiles into it, but remove it and apply fresh adhesive.
– When placing the tiles into the adhesive press them in by using a
sliding action. Ensure no voids occur and full coverage of adhesive
is under the tiles.
– For tiles with lugs, grooves or uneven backing it may be required
to butter the back of the tile with adhesive in addition to trowelling
the adhesive onto the substrate.
– The final bed thickness of the adhesive should be at least 2mm for
wall tiling and 3mm for floor tiling.
– Once the tiling is completed do not disturb the tiled surface for at
least 24 hours at 200
– Excess adhesive from the face of the tiles can be cleaned up with
damp cloth while the adhesive is still wet.
– Adhesive that has oozed out into the grout joint must be raked out
with a knife / spatula etc.
– Tools and other equipment can be cleaned up using water while
the adhesive is still wet.
– Protect tiling from rain and inclement weather until 24 hours after
grouting is complete.
– A 20kg of RLA MASTIK will cover approximately 7m2
a 10mm notched trowel.